How to Get Free Scholarship to Study in China
Studying in China can be an arduous process that requires a lot of financial commitment. The best way to circumvent it is to qualify for a scholarship as a student.Getting a free scholarship particularly completely grants a student the freedom to focus on the main objective of doing exceptionally well in school.
In China, scholarships and grants are available to both Chinese and international students to take advantage of. There are some funded by the Chinese government and private organizations while others are largely funded by some philanthropic foundations and educational institutions.
As outrageous as it may sound, there are some universities in China that you can easily secure scholarships for as an international student. This actually implies that your tuition for your study in China is paid for, for as long as you meet all the requirements to qualify for that ‘free scholarship’.
This will entail you looking for the right scholarship that suits your proposed courseof study and which may also give you some extra cash to meet your other expenses. Essentially, free scholarships cover your tuition but may exclude other personal needs and other living expenses. While some other scholarships still give an additional stipend to help international students with their accommodation and the daily commute to and from their schools. In China, there are:
- Scholarships provided by the University – These scholarships are offered by certain universities in China where education is affordably priced and therefore tuition is covered as long as international studentsqualify for them by meeting certain requirements. There may also be exchange programs with host communities that provide accommodation for such students.
- Scholarships provided by some departments within the University – If a course of study is uniquely placed and requires special-skilled students to apply, chances are that there will be some sort of financial aid or grants provided by the department or program within that University for students who qualify.
- Scholarships offered by independent bodies or organizations – These types of scholarships are offered by independent organizations or philanthropic bodies who are passionate about providing financial assistance to individuals who need an education but cannot afford to fund it. These scholarships can either be fully funded or partially funded. Conducting an online search will show such organizations who do so and what the requirements for qualification may be.
So then, how do you get such ‘free scholarships’?
- To qualify for these free scholarships, it may be necessary as an international student to learn the official Chinese language which is Mandarin. Gaining some proficiency in this languageincreases the chances of an international student getting that scholarship from any of the sources mentioned above. Do note,however, that the least you need is limited knowledge of Mandarin which you can improve on when you eventually resume studying in China.
- You should also know a thing or two about the culture and peculiar nature of China and its people as scholarships will easily be awarded to individuals who have a keen interest in China.
- Be honest about your intentions to study in China so fill out all the correct details when applying for a scholarship to study in China. Know the universities you are considering, the cities they are in and other opportunities you would like to explore once in China.
China has a number of perks that are readily available to anyone looking to study there. Start your research on possible universities, available part-time jobs and make sure in all you do or intend to, you are truthful, honest and willing to give it all it takes to achieve them.
Looking for a scholarship to study in China? We have done the work for you. Check out our page or contact us via email@example.com or +233 26 705 3984, +233 54 474 3993 to learn more.