Is it a good idea to study in Ghana?
When it comes to choosing a country to study in, Ghana is a fantastic choice to make. Asides from the diverse and rich cultural attractions as well as its interesting sights and sounds, it has an enhanced educational system that is steadily growing compared to some of its neighbours in West Africa and beyond.
Here are some of the reasons why it is a good idea to study in Ghana:
- Ghana is home to about 70 universities and a good number of other higher educational institutions that are open to both local and international students who are interested in studying there.
- Due to the varied locations of most university campuses in Ghana, students have the opportunity to choose the best location they will like to study in with respect to their choice of course and proximity to their accommodation.
- Ghana is a relatively safe country with a progressive government that makes sure that the welfare of its citizens is a top So while studying in Ghana, it is highly unlikely that there will be any major political unrest that may hamper a student’s wellbeing and studies.
- Tourism is a major aspect of the Ghanaian economy and you get to share in the opportunity to truly experience Ghana for the beauty that it is as a country. Several sights like the Kintampo Waterfalls, coastal beaches; caves; mountains, rivers; Lake Volta, the Kakum National Park as well asits diverse cuisine and unique language, Ghana indeed has a pretty good mix of some great qualities that must be enjoyed by many studentsand others looking to study there.
- Students in the arts will particularly enjoy their study in Ghana because of its rich and diversefabrics, distinct musical sounds and overall peculiar language.
- The advantage of using only the 6 ‘O’ Level credits from the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) results for admission without the need to write entrance examinations as is common in some other African countries like Nigeria. This helps students focus on performing well in the WAEC exams so that their admissions can be easily secured.
- International students can take advantage of the affordable tuition fees of most universities in Ghana. Public and private universities in Ghana offer value for monies spent and the positive feedback from some past international students show that the decisions they took to study in Ghana paid off in the long run.
- As a result of the affiliations most universities in Ghana have with other schools in the United States of America(USA), United Kingdom) the UK) and Canada, it is advisable that students adequately enroll with such universities in Ghana so that they can align with more postgraduate study options.
- The healthcare system in Ghana is better than those of some other African countries. There are many standard healthcare centers in Ghana where people can get the needed medical attention. Therefore, students can be confident that in the event that they fall ill or need urgent medical help, they can get it from these healthcare centers with competent medical staff.
- Universities in other parts of the world are constantly improving their teaching, learning and service to the students and universities in Ghana are not left out. Due to the spike in the deployment and use of technological tools, most universities in Ghana are proactive in their approach to engaging all students and teachers in effective learning and teaching respectively with these tools like online tutoring, real-life simulation scenarios for problem-solving and many others.
With all these points, it is without a doubt that anyone thinking of studying in Ghana and has the means should do so because it is indeed a great idea.Check out our page or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +233 26 705 3984, +233 54 474 3993 to learn more.