How to Study in China
It’s 2018 and times have changed. You may have thought about studying abroad in a country like China but you don’t know how. While some people may not dig going to collegebecause of the notion that formal education is no longer attractive, there is still the need to aim higher and get that degree (you never know when it comes in handy).
Education at all stages is different, and studying abroadopens you up to better opportunities as seen in Figure 1below.
Figure 1: Advantages gained by students who studied abroad
Image Credit: Student Universe
Figure 2 shows how studying abroad helped respondents of a survey improve their social skills and outlook on life.
Figure 2: Overall Impact of Study Abroad Programs on Students
Asides from giving you the opportunity to see the world, studying abroad also informs you about other cultures and diversities. Studying in China for international students is straightforward and this article shows you how.
As a country in East Asia, China has a diverse culture, an array of unusual landmarks, great language,and people. It has an interesting mix of nationalities from all over the world who live, work and study within all its provinces. Studying in China opens you up to interesting work opportunities and afascinating culture.
Steps on how to study in China:
- As an applicant, make sure your high school grades are adequate in allowing you apply to schools in China. It is important to do this to jumpstart your admission process to study in China.
- Research your courses of choice and select good universities that offer them. When doing this, be open-minded and aware of where your strengths and weaknesses lie academically.
- Go a step further; find out about the career progression in your chosen field of study. China is also particular about applicants’ age, so it’s better to conduct a proper research of the universities that you are eligible to before applying. Most of the Universities in China put up such information on their website.
- Also, do your due diligence in inquiring about the scholarship opportunities available, if any. In most Universities in China, there are full and partial scholarships available.
- For most admissions, the application can be done directly by the applicant on the Universities’ websites. Check all requirements for application entry and deadlines.
- It is always advisable to seek expert help for your study in China journey.This is where the experience of a team of educational/study abroad consultants becomes useful for you as youcan be properly guided in your applications to make sure that you successfully gain admission into any university of your choice.
- For you to study in China particularly in English-taught schools, you may be required to take a language test like TOEFL or IELTS. Check the requirements for the school you are applying to and make sure youfulfill all as you apply for admission.
- Have a checklist of the school’s calendars and documents you will be required to submit while applying to study in China. These are very important ‘to-dos’ as they are necessary for obtaining a valid student visa to gain entry into China and study at your preferred University.
- Start your preparations very early so as not to rush the process of application and admission into your preferred University in China.
- Lastly, consider all factors related to your well-being and about your decision to study in China. These factors may include:
- Family Ties in your country
- The effect of Prolonged Absence from home
- Culture Shock on arrival to China
- Ease of attending classes within your chosen University in China
Looking for a school to study in Ghana or China? We have done the work for you. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +233 26 705 3984, +233 54 474 3993 to learn more.